Skip to main content

Sunday Thought...


Comments

Cordelia said…
Beyond belief.
T. W. said…
Cordelia, I’ve heard & seen worse. As you know my dad is dead but he was born in 1927. People might wonder why I believe certain things & share them here. Well, now you know one of the reasons.

I would not be a real Friend if I didn’t warn y’all about THEY. THEY exist.
T. W. said…
I knew I came back too soon. Going back on doctor ordered rest. See y’all later.


HRH T. W.
Cordelia said…
HRH TW

We miss you sending all loving thoughts your way.
Sana said…
This is awful. The Devil was right, mankind is corrupt. Who the hell would do this?

T.W Darling, take care of yourself. There is an app that offers free meditation during this Covid-19 crisis. Called Balance. I recommend it - it helps remind you to keep a routine. It offers meditation, Breathing and much more

Take Care, S

Chick'sOpinion said…
It's just horrifying that not only people did this.
They sold post cards locally with pictures of it.

Revulsion is what I feel about that.
Just shocking.
Quiet said…
Jesus Christ

Which decade was this post card printed in the USA?
Chocmint33 said…
Absolutely appalling. Thanks for letting us know about this CD. I had no idea that people could do this. Those card makers were the lowest of the lowest.

Chick'sOpinion said…
Quiet

From my research these hideous post cards were in circulation for at least 50 years.

The United States Postal Service banned them in 1908.
But....White Supremicists still distributed them.
Course they did. Arseholes that they are.

Earlier in the 20th Century, apparently some towns censored lynching photographs.
But nationwide censorship definately came in 1908.

It doesn't seem to have entirely eradicated the post cards back then.
But the 'inciting racial hatred' text that often accompanied them got effectively banned it seems.

But what racists did was...distribute the Post Cards anyway, by concealing them in envelopes.

I guess you can date the offensive post cards from history...as terror lynchings seem to have been at their worst in the U.S from the 1880's to the 1940's.
But definately continued into 1970's. As everyone knows.

What shocks me about these Lynching Postcards.
Is they often depicted smiling bystanding in the pic.
It's just horrifying. The more you learn.
What people did. And what peoole tolerated.

I remember watching a Maya Angelou interview on you tube. Shes the famous black American author.
She said, when the local KKK rolled into her small town with their trucks.
Her and another family member had to hide her brother immediately in potato and onion bin, behind the counter of their shop.
And cover him with potatoes.
And he had to stay there all night.
So he wouldn't be found and randomly murdered by the KKK.
Maya Angelou's famous autobiography, called I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings is one of my favourite books.
I recommend it highly.

It interests me too, that Old Hollywood Star, Ava Gardiner grew up in the South surrounded by all this going on. Apparently she used to talk about it at times. She was against racism.

And she definately saw the extreme version of it.
Maybe that's what she had in common with American singer, Frank Sinatra, who she married.
He was very vocal against racism. Particularly at a time in the 1940's.
In 1945 he made a short movie / documentary about Racism.
Called, The House I Live In.
There was a Broadway song that accompanied it.
He did the movie partly.... To address anti semitism.
For the Post WW2 period.
T. W. said…
Thank you Cordelia & Sana!

I will check out the app. : )

Popular posts from this blog

Alexandra Grant. More lies? Did she forget she married another person 10 years ago... & is still married... UPDATE...

  I had a dream about Alexandra Grant. (Which in it's self is disturbing)   This is what I saw in the dream.   I SAW...   Alexandra Grant   is married. Not to Keanu Reeves.  T he marriage took place around 9/10 years ago on the  East coast of America.  (Not New York City)   I Saw She was in a  very close relationship with this  "Person" I See she was paid to do this... The person she is married to is of dubious character...   This person has been  "Away"  for quite a while...    (If you know what I mean)   This person is threatening to return..   She will...   To expose the marriage & other criminal behaviors  they both had a part in.    As I write this.   Keanu Reeves & his team.  Do not know of this.    Alexandra,  knows is still legally married. Has her head in the sand. Hoping it will go away...   STAY TUNED...    MORE TO COME...  

Morning everyone...

 

HRH King Charles III

Sending our  Thoughts & Prayers. 🙏🏻   To King Charles & his family. For a speedy recovery. At this challenging time.   *** I have done many readings  on King Charles & The Royals  in the past. On my Blog & on my You Tube. I will not be re-posting them here.